Horse ID : RMH234
Ownership Transfer £100 Rehoming Fee - Mare
Needy is an ex-racehorse who never won a race. She is a quiet hack and has taken beginners and novices although more experienced riders can get more out of her. She likes to go behind on the way out but walks faster on the way home. She takes particular enjoyment out of pleasure rides and likes to go out in the box for a ride somewhere different. She is happy to do 15 miles even when not particularly fit. She is currently used as a companion hack as she does not like to go out on her own, although she used to when we bought her. She is easy to catch, good with the farrier and travels well. However, she does not like being groomed or having rugs changed and she cribs, undoubtedly picked up when in a racing yard. After racing, she was retrained as a hack and then kept at livery. When we bought her she was very thin and depressed. It took her a year to relax in a family environment with plenty of grazing and to put on weight.
Ailments: Cuts and bruises in the past.
Most suitable home: Family home with other horses.
Behaviour and vices: Moody when groomed or having rugs changed so needs a confident (but not aggressive) handler. Cribs on fencing so electric would be best.
Reason for rehome: Change in family circumstance.
- All Interest: If you have any questions for the owner please do send over via the “Chat to us” box. All serious interest is requested to submit an application.
- Please Note: After application if selected as the successful application you will be required to pay the loan/rehoming fee in full to RMH before date of rehome/loan (including any trials) This goes some way towards covering the costs incurred and enables RMH to continue rehoming horses via a safer platform.
- Available for vet examination
- Can take part in daily hacking
- Good to catch
- Good to hack in company
- Good with farrier
- Has past ailments or injury
- Horse available for viewing and to try for intended purpose
- Horse can live out all year
- Not in work but could come back into work
- Permission for potential new homes to contact vet at later stage
- Suitable Intermediate
- Tack included in rehome/sale