Horse ID : RMH255
Now Rehomed, Ownership Transfer £125 Rehoming Fee - Gelding
Harry is a 9 year old 15.2hh Skewbald Irish gelding that has competed at our local riding club showjumping competitions up to 90cm.
He has a good nature and is snaffle mouthed. He is easy to box shoe and clip. He is a not a novice horse so he will need an experienced rider as he can be excitable when jumping and spooky when hacking out.
He has no vices but is sensitive and quirky to ride and it is not easy to get the best out of him.
Earlier this year he was diagnosed with DJD in both hocks so he may need further hock injections until they fuse. His hocks have recently been injected and he is now sound. I am slowly building him back up and have been told he should be able to return to his former level of fitness. He has also been diagnosed with very mild kissing spines but a full body bone scan determined it is not troubling him and no further treatment is needed. I am happy for any potential owner to contact our vets and have full access to his medical history.
He is in work at the moment and any potential buyer is welcome to ride him.
- Ailments: Diagnosed with DJD in both hocks (as above) and very mild kissing spines.
- Most suitable home: Experienced
- Behaviour and vices: As above
- Reason for rehome: I am in my late 50’s and cannot afford to give Harry a forever home when I retire so I am looking for a new owner now.
- Available for vet examination
- Can take part in affiliated competition
- Can take part in daily hacking
- Can take part in schooling
- Can take part in unaffiliated competition
- Currently in full work
- Good to clip
- Good with farrier
- Has current ailments or injuries
- Horse can live out all year
- Permision for potential new homes to contact vet at later stage
- Rehomed nationwide
- Suitable Advanced
- Teeth attended to in the last 12 months