Horse ID : RMH520
Now Rehomed, Ownership Transfer £150 - Mare
Foxy is a fun and talented pure bred New Forest mare who is completely wasted due to no rider. I bought her five years ago for my sons but they quickly lost interest and I have ridden her ever since. I have my own horse and therefore she hasn’t been in regular work for the last two years.
I have previously taken her out to dressage, show jumping, XC schooling and fun rides, all of which she was well behaved at. We have even won some rosettes! She will hack out alone and in company.
She is forward going and at times strong so is not suitable as a small child’s pony or for a novice rider. She is not a first pony and would be more suited to a teenager or small adult. She can put in the odd spook which would not concern a competent rider and rarely happens when she is in regular work.
Foxy has no vices. She loads and travels well, is good with the farrier and perfect to clip. She has a full green New Forest passport and is up to date with vaccinations, teeth and worming.
She is a good doer and had a mild bout of laminitis in her front feet two years ago when I turned her away and let her get too fat. She hasn’t had a recurrence since and I wouldn’t expect her to have this again if her weight is kept at a sensible level and she is in work. She has no other health issues.
This is a difficult decision to rehome Foxy, but she is too good to be left in a field. She will only go to a suitable home where she will be entertained, be that hacking or competition.
- All interest: If you have any questions for the owner please do send over via the “Chat to us” box. All serious interest is requested to submit an application.
- Please: After application if selected as the successful applicant you will be required to pay the rehoming fee in full to RMH before date of rehome. This goes some way towards covering the costs incurred and enables RMH to continue rehoming horses via a safer platform.
- Available for vet examination
- Can take part in daily hacking
- Can take part in schooling
- Can take part in unaffiliated competition
- Does not buck
- Does not have any vices such as weaving, crib biting, windsucking
- Does not rear
- Good in open spaces
- Good in stable
- Good to catch
- Good to clip
- Good to hack alone
- Good to hack in company
- Good to travel and load in lorry
- Good to travel and load in trailer
- Good with farrier
- Horse available for viewing and to try for intended purpose
- Not in work but could come back into work
- Stands when being mounted
- Tack available at extra cost
- Teeth attended to in the last 12 months