Horse ID : RMH346
For Loan £125 - Gelding
Paddy is a 14.1hh papered Connemara aged 9 who came to us just over 3 years ago as a very green 6 year old. With schooling he turned into a loving, fun and competent Pony Club pony. Paddy competed up to open level in SJ and XC and also turned his hoof to polocrosse where he went to PC Champs in 2016. He has previously been ridden by competent novices including a 10 year old girl as well as hunting and competing with more able jockeys. He is polite and easy to do. He will turn out alone, or with mares or geldings. He is not confrontational and so will not do well in a large herd. He can be cheeky when being caught if there is fresh grazing but nothing that a handful of treats doesn’t cure. He is good for the farrier and vet and is good to travel in a trailer or lorry. Paddy will stand beside the lorry nicely at shows and is never phased by going away and staying over in new yards, even by himself.
Paddy went on loan last year but came back having lost a lot of condition. Subsequently he has had 3 months off and veterinary input. Having completed a course of steroids he is now off these and is well and being brought back into work. He will need to be monitored for future loss of condition to assess whether he needs a maintenance dose which the owner will pay for. For this reason he is on loan within a 50 mile radius of the owners home. The vet is now happy with his condition and he is ready for a new job. Any prospective homes will be able to access the vet to discuss the history. His teeth, back and vaccinations are up to date. He is shod in front. He does have a melanoma to the side of his face so will not show. This has not increased in size in the last 2 years and does not affect riding him.
His ideal new home will either be a hunting or hacking home as he is very jaded in the school now. Alternatively I would be happy for him to go as a project but he will need starting again as is very unbalanced and reluctant to work in the school. He is not ready to go out as a PC or competition pony. Maybe in the future with patience and time he will do this job as nicely for someone else as he has for us. At the moment this lovely boy doesn’t have a job and he is too good to go to waste in the field.
- All Interest: If you have any questions for the owner please do send over via the “Chat to us” box. All serious interest is requested to submit an application.
- Please Note: After application if selected as the successful application you will be required to pay the loan/rehoming fee in full to RMH before date of rehome/loan (including any trials) This goes some way towards covering the costs incurred and enables RMH to continue rehoming horses via a safer platform.
- Available for vet examination
- Can take part in daily hacking
- Can take part in schooling
- Can take part in unaffiliated competition
- Currently in light work
- Does not have any vices such as weaving, crib biting, windsucking
- Does not rear
- Good in all traffic
- Good in field with other horses
- Good in open spaces
- Good in stable
- Good to catch
- Good to clip
- Good to hack in company
- Good to travel and load in lorry
- Good to travel and load in trailer
- Good with farrier
- Happy turned out alone
- Has hunted
- Has past ailments or injury
- Horse can live out all year
- Permission for potential new homes to contact vet at later stage
- Rehomed nationwide
- Stands when being mounted
- Suitable Advanced
- Suitable Novice
- Tack available at extra cost
- Teeth attended to in the last 12 months